On 6/28/22 03:15, Jacob Kroon wrote:
Hi,
I'm using Podman in my build environment. As part of the build I bind a directory from the host to a directory in the container. Even though the guest doesn't touch the file in any way, afterwards I can see that the file's "Change" timestamp has been updated, so I am assuming it is podman that does this.
According to https://unix.stackexchange.com/questions/2464/timestamp-modification-time-an...
the "Change" timestamp is described as "the last time meta data of the file was changed (e.g. permissions)".
I am wondering what meta data it is that podman changes, and if it can be avoided somehow ? (Mainly because it tricks git/gitk into thinking something might have changed).
Regards Jacob _______________________________________________ Podman mailing list -- podman@lists.podman.io To unsubscribe send an email to podman-leave@lists.podman.io
Could you mount the volume :ro inside of the container and see if the same thing happens? If it still happens, then we know it is Podman making the change as opposed to the processes inside of the container. You could also bind mount the volume readonly on itself, before using podman to see if podman throws an error.