On 11/3/23 11:11, Chris Evich wrote:
Since nobody else replied, I'll do my best, though I'm not an expert in this area.
Podman has a `--requires` option which you can use to define start dependencies. IIRC, I opened an RFE a long while ago to have this apply (in reverse) on pod-stop. I don't think that was ever implemented, and I don't think the dependency resolution goes beyond a single level. But don't take my word for it, you'll need to do some experiementing.
Another idea (again, I'm not 100%): I'm pretty sure both quadlet and kube-yaml support proper startup/shutdown dependencies and sequencing. If either are an option in your use-case, I would highly suggest considering them. Esp. quadlet, we get a lot of positive feedback about it.
--- Chris Evich (he/him), RHCA III Senior Quality Assurance Engineer If there's a "hard-way", I'm the first one to implement it.
On 11/1/23 11:25, Михаил Иванов wrote:
Greetings!
I want to create a pod, containers of which depend on the order in which they are started. When the pod is created the order is defined by container run commands. But what will happen when I stop the pod with 'pod stop' command and then start it up using 'pod start' again? What will be the order of containers startup?
And another issue: if I run the container with --restart=on-failure, will it be working as expected inside a pod?
Best regards, --
Michael Ivanov
_______________________________________________ Podman mailing list -- podman@lists.podman.io To unsubscribe send an email to podman-leave@lists.podman.io
Podman mailing list -- podman@lists.podman.io To unsubscribe send an email to podman-leave@lists.podman.io