Robin, Sorry for the delay in replying, but I was out for vacation in Havana, Cuba. Now I'm back to business. El día Wednesday, December 06, 2023 a las 08:41:28AM -0800, Robin Lee Powell escribió:
That's pretty weird. Just to double check, 'curl http://deb.debian.org/debian/dists/buster/InRelease" works on the machine you're running podman from, yeah?
Yeah, your command would not work, because it starts with a single quote and ends with a double quote :-) But, you point in the right direction: this hosts sits behind a firewall and it seems that outbound port 80 and 443 are blocked. I wasn't aware of this. Thanks for your hint matthias
On Mon, Dec 04, 2023 at 01:31:33PM +0100, Matthias Apitz wrote:
Hello,
I'm trying to build a podman image as described here:
https://docs.podman.io/en/latest/Introduction.html
with the command:
podman build -t nginx https://git.io/Jf8ol
on SuSE LINUX SLES 15 SP5. This fails with the attached nohup log. It fails mostly due to this: ... Adding system user `nginx' (UID 101) ... Adding new user `nginx' (UID 101) with group `nginx' ... Not creating home directory `/nonexistent'. + apt-get update Err:1 http://deb.debian.org/debian buster InRelease Connection failed [IP: 146.75.118.132 80] Err:2 http://deb.debian.org/debian-security buster/updates InRelease Connection failed [IP: 146.75.118.132 80] Err:3 http://deb.debian.org/debian buster-updates InRelease Connection failed [IP: 146.75.118.132 80] Reading package lists... W: Failed to fetch http://deb.debian.org/debian/dists/buster/InRelease Connection failed [IP: 146.75.118.132 80] ...
What can I do?
Thanks
matthias
-- Matthias Apitz, ✉ guru@unixarea.de, http://www.unixarea.de/ +49-176-38902045 Public GnuPG key: http://www.unixarea.de/key.pub
-- Matthias Apitz, ✉ guru@unixarea.de, http://www.unixarea.de/ +49-176-38902045 Public GnuPG key: http://www.unixarea.de/key.pub
I am not at war with Russia. Я не воюю с Россией. Ich bin nicht im Krieg mit Russland.