On 1/23/20 12:02 PM, Robert P. J. Day wrote:
given that i'm poking around man pages and submitting (admittedly minor) fixes, can someone clarify the proper markdown for commands versus files?
it seems that the marking of commands and/or filenames bounces back and forth between, well, what you see in podman-unshare.1.md:
**podman unshare** ... snip ... Executing `podman mount` fails for unprivileged users unless the user is running inside a `podman unshare` session.
while filenames seem to typically use backquotes.
i have no intention of generating massive churn making all of that consistent, but if i'm submitting a fix for a man page anyway, it might be useful to at least make that page consistent while i'm there.
thoughts?
rday
p.s. i am not trying to be pedantically annoying, i am merely succeeding.
I think this is more about different people submitting different man pages, and us not having a standard. Also people are not doing a good job of reviewing the markdown versus the generated man pages. I would say we should stick to the **podman unshare**. But if you know of a standard format that we should follow, I am willing to listen. Thanks for pointing these out. I opened a couple of PRs to fix them. But any PRs are welcome.