On Sat, Jan 04, 2020 at 05:11:36AM -0500, Robert P. J. Day wrote:
On Fri, 3 Jan 2020, Brent Baude wrote:
... snip ...
Robert,
I am not aware of any standards. I am sure google can find them for man pages. But then again, you are addressing primarily programmers here and this isn't exactly a string point for many of us.
That said, patches are certainly welcome!
oh, i appreciate that the developers are not as concerned about this kind of nitpickery as i am, but since i'm poring over the docs in preparation to giving some tutorials and seminars on this stuff, i might as well, as you suggest, submit some patches.
i assume i can just submit them to this list in the same manner as kernel patches to LKML, yes?
No; the libpod project is on github[1]; please follow the github PR model for submitting pull requests. [1] https://github.com/containers/libpod/ And: as someone with a similar level of persnicketiness, *thank you* (or should that be **thank you**?). I've long despaired about the inconsistencies in man pages, and I try to fix them as I find them, but have been unable to find an automated way to detect/prevent them. Best regards, Ed -- Ed Santiago [he/him/his] Toolsmith santiago@redhat.com