fcontext for rootfull volumes ?
Hi guys. I map /root very often - I'd imagine many do - and I do that with Z What I get is quite puzzling to me, say host has it: system_u:object_r:container_file_t:s0 bin system_u:object_r:container_file_t:s0:c526,c622 cacert.p12 system_u:object_r:container_file_t:s0:c526,c622 kracert.p12 system_u:object_r:container_file_t:s0:c74,c78 pki in container: -> $ ls -Z1 bin pki bin: system_u:object_r:container_file_t:s0 conf system_u:object_r:container_file_t:s0 container-config ls: cannot open directory 'pki': Permission denied 'root' existed prior to container creation and 'pki' was added later, & outside of container. fcontext is not enough? SELinux says: allow container_init_t container_file_t:dir read; label=disable seems to be the way of it it but is that the right way? many thanks, L.
On 14/06/2023 15:16, lejeczek via Podman wrote:
Hi guys.
I map /root very often - I'd imagine many do - and I do that with Z What I get is quite puzzling to me, say host has it:
system_u:object_r:container_file_t:s0 bin system_u:object_r:container_file_t:s0:c526,c622 cacert.p12 system_u:object_r:container_file_t:s0:c526,c622 kracert.p12 system_u:object_r:container_file_t:s0:c74,c78 pki
in container:
-> $ ls -Z1 bin pki bin: system_u:object_r:container_file_t:s0 conf system_u:object_r:container_file_t:s0 container-config ls: cannot open directory 'pki': Permission denied
'root' existed prior to container creation and 'pki' was added later, & outside of container. fcontext is not enough? SELinux says:
allow container_init_t container_file_t:dir read;
label=disable seems to be the way of it it but is that the right way? ah, fcontext is good enough - another tool/daemon kept changing labels.
On 6/14/23 09:16, lejeczek via Podman wrote:
Hi guys.
I map /root very often - I'd imagine many do - and I do that with Z What I get is quite puzzling to me, say host has it:
system_u:object_r:container_file_t:s0 bin system_u:object_r:container_file_t:s0:c526,c622 cacert.p12 system_u:object_r:container_file_t:s0:c526,c622 kracert.p12 system_u:object_r:container_file_t:s0:c74,c78 pki
in container:
You should not relabel /root from the host into a container, this can cause other issues. You should just not use SELinux separation if you want to share /root into a container. podman run --security-opt label=disable
-> $ ls -Z1 bin pki bin: system_u:object_r:container_file_t:s0 conf system_u:object_r:container_file_t:s0 container-config ls: cannot open directory 'pki': Permission denied
'root' existed prior to container creation and 'pki' was added later, & outside of container. fcontext is not enough? SELinux says:
allow container_init_t container_file_t:dir read;
label=disable seems to be the way of it it but is that the right way?
many thanks, L.
_______________________________________________ Podman mailing list --podman@lists.podman.io To unsubscribe send an email topodman-leave@lists.podman.io
participants (2)
-
Daniel Walsh -
lejeczek