Anyone interested in helping to convert the Ubuntu Discourse Docker setup to Fedora Podman?
People, I cloned this: https://github.com/discourse/discourse_docker and did a "podman build" on the Dockerfile and it made it to step 39 (of 59) before stopping with a complaint about a missing dir . . It would be great to get a Fedora Podman Discourse container going (in a separate exercise some time ago I was able to get a development-only version going but I eventually gave up on the too-hard production version) - anyone interested in helping / advising? Thanks, Phil. -- Philip Rhoades PO Box 896 Cowra NSW 2794 Australia E-mail: phil@pricom.com.au
Hi,
It would be great to get a Fedora Podman Discourse container going (in a separate exercise some time ago I was able to get a development-only version going but I eventually gave up on the too-hard production version) - anyone interested in helping / advising?
some time ago I stumbled upon https://github.com/Gelbpunkt/discourse_podman but to be honest, it's some kind of annoying that Discourse hardcoded docker stuff into their scripts. Regards Bjoern
Bjoern, On 2021-12-02 21:06, Bjoern Franke via Podman wrote:
Hi,
It would be great to get a Fedora Podman Discourse container going (in a separate exercise some time ago I was able to get a development-only version going but I eventually gave up on the too-hard production version) - anyone interested in helping / advising?
some time ago I stumbled upon https://github.com/Gelbpunkt/discourse_podman
That is an old setup but as far as I can tell it is still using a Debian base?
but to be honest, it's some kind of annoying that Discourse hardcoded docker stuff into their scripts.
Yes, irritating . . Thanks, Phil. -- Philip Rhoades PO Box 896 Cowra NSW 2794 Australia E-mail: phil@pricom.com.au
On 12/2/21 04:43, Philip Rhoades via Podman wrote:
People,
I cloned this:
https://github.com/discourse/discourse_docker
and did a "podman build" on the Dockerfile and it made it to step 39 (of 59) before stopping with a complaint about a missing dir . .
If this is just a podman build, then it should work. What failed at step 39? Might be a bug.
It would be great to get a Fedora Podman Discourse container going (in a separate exercise some time ago I was able to get a development-only version going but I eventually gave up on the too-hard production version) - anyone interested in helping / advising?
Thanks,
Phil. SGTM
participants (3)
-
Bjoern Franke -
Daniel Walsh -
Philip Rhoades