You have to create a new network and it will work nicely. We couldn't make the default network work correctly in time but long-term it will work. so ... podman network create new podman run ... --network new ... On Thu, Sep 2, 2021 at 7:21 PM Till Backhaus <till@backha.us> wrote:
Hi,
Sorry to bother you with this. I cannot reach a running container via network using podman machine.
I installed podman (3.3.0) via homebrew on macos (bigsur 11.5.2).
I created a machine using
podman machine init
which I then started using
podman machine start
I then started a nginx container
podman run -p 8000:80 --rm docker://nginx
I’d expect to reach the container on localhost:8000 via curl
curl localhost:8000
curl: (7) Failed to connect to localhost port 8000: Connection refused
But the port forwarding is configured for the machine only
Inside the machine the port is forwarded:
podman machine ssh
curl localhost:8000
<!DOCTYPE html>
…
If automatic port forwarding is not possible I’d expect to be able to reach the machine on it’s ip address. I don’t reach the machines ip (got it from it ip addr from inside the machine) either.
I didn’t find anything on this matter in the docs https://docs.podman.io/en/latest/ . What am I missing?
Thank you so much for your time!
Best regards,
Till
(My first post here) _______________________________________________ Podman mailing list -- podman@lists.podman.io To unsubscribe send an email to podman-leave@lists.podman.io