On 20/04/2021 08:41, Giuseppe Scrivano wrote:
lejeczek via Podman <podman@lists.podman.io> writes:
Hi guys.
First thing which came to mind was to try driver newer version of the driver or newer kernel all together - when I got this upon container creation: .... overlayfs: unrecognized mount option "volatile" or missing value overlayfs: unrecognized mount option "volatile" or missing value what version of the kernel and podman are you using?
containers/storage checks internally for the "volatile" flag support in overlay but that should not be propagated to Podman when it fails.
How was the container created?
Giuseppe
podman version 3.1.0-dev 4.18.0-301.1.el8.x86_64 I'm on CentOS Steam. Actually, now I realize I see that pretty much with every podman's command executed. More specifically, those are kernel messages, podman says nothing, but I see, saw for the first time yesterady that staring some(all?) containers fails. So, I' testing it now: -> $ podman network create /etc/cni/net.d/cni-podman0.conflist -> $ podman network ls NETWORK ID NAME VERSION PLUGINS 39e9c7a64c68 cni-podman0 0.4.0 bridge,portmap,firewall,tuning -> $ podman pod create --network cni-podman0 --hostname net-${HOSTNAME%%.*} --name net-${HOSTNAME%%.*} --publish 13000:3000 00bfa51e066fa7a069ad89d44bfa18184b0a31a0a41b9df2b24265f6e6d54ec5 # <- takes a few long seconds. -> $ podman run -d --restart=always --pod=net-${HOSTNAME%%.*} --name net-redis -e ALLOW_EMPTY_PASSWORD=yes docker.io/bitnami/redis e11d2099d4452f95b0705802ceafcd189b52fdae546e92649ec04835ff11e35a That container above starts and produces logs. -> $ podman container rm --force net-redis e11d2099d4452f95b0705802ceafcd189b52fdae546e92649ec04835ff11e35a -> $ podman run -d --restart=always --pod=net-${HOSTNAME%%.*} --name net-redis docker.io/discourse/base:2.0.20210217-2235 0e21bdf66c1cf99c1980b41952e9a2d3a223616718655cd560841ca155d74294 # !! <- this causes a local mayhem, overlayfs: unrecognized mount option "volatile" or missing value # logs every second and though podman says: -> $ podman container ls CONTAINER ID IMAGE COMMAND CREATED STATUS PORTS NAMES 79d7f41fe9c7 registry.access.redhat.com/ubi8/pause:latest infinity 5 minutes ago Up 4 minutes ago 0.0.0.0:13000->3000/tcp 00bfa51e066f-infra 0e21bdf66c1c docker.io/discourse/base:2.0.20210217-2235 bash About a minute ago Up Less than a second ago 0.0.0.0:13000->3000/tcp net-redis it's not possible to get net-redis' logs nor terminal-connect to it. -> $ podman exec -it net-redis sh Error: can only start exec sessions when their container is running: container state improper I'll share a thought - I realize we all push that CentOS Stream forward to be that bleeding edge for RHEL (since RedHat's announcement) if only ever so slightly, but as of now 'podman' does not look good on that CentOS. many thanks, L.