Honestly Robert, I'm not sure what the right way is to denote commands vs files. I think we've had a number of contributors over time that have done a best guess at the proper format and as you're finding, we've wandered about a bit. I'd be all for picking a format, especially if there's one that widely accepted, and posting it on the CONTRIBUTING.md, and if someone was especially interested, I'd love for a CI job that would verify the formatting, but that's likely a pipe dream. t On 1/23/20 6:02 AM, Robert P. J. Day wrote:
given that i'm poking around man pages and submitting (admittedly minor) fixes, can someone clarify the proper markdown for commands versus files?
it seems that the marking of commands and/or filenames bounces back and forth between, well, what you see in podman-unshare.1.md:
**podman unshare** ... snip ... Executing `podman mount` fails for unprivileged users unless the user is running inside a `podman unshare` session.
while filenames seem to typically use backquotes.
i have no intention of generating massive churn making all of that consistent, but if i'm submitting a fix for a man page anyway, it might be useful to at least make that page consistent while i'm there.
thoughts?
rday
p.s. i am not trying to be pedantically annoying, i am merely succeeding.