Podman v4.6.1 <https://github.com/containers/podman/releases/tag/v4.6.1>
been released! This is a small bugfix release with a few changes.
- When looking up an image by digest, the entire repository of the
specified value is now considered. This aligns with Docker's behavior since
v20.10.20. Previously, both the repository and the tag was ignored and
Podman looked for an image with only a matching digest. Ignoring the name,
repository, and tag of the specified value can lead to security issues and
is considered harmful.
- Quadlet now selects the first Quadlet file found when multiple
Quadlets exist with the same name.
- Fixed a bug in the container kill endpoint to correctly return 409
when a container is not running (#19368).
- Updated Buildah to v1.31.2
- Updated the containers/common library to v0.55.3
Feel free to try it out!