On Fri, Jul 26, 2019 at 08:41:31AM -0000, svinz82@gmail.com wrote:
Hi,
I build an image with Buildah and I can run a container with Podman based on this image without any problems.
Now I need to run a container based on this image with Docker and it fails.
I get this error:
/usr/bin/docker-current: Error response from daemon: oci runtime error: container_linux.go:235: starting container process caused "exec: \"/bin/bash\": stat /bin/bash: no such file or directory".
Are there some incompatibility with Docker or do I need to add something when I build my image to get this image running on a docker host?
Bellow you can find the script I used to build my image: [snip]
Hmm, (docker run --rm -it testimage) worked for me I tried it on a CentOS 7 box using buildah-1.8.2-2.gite23314b.el7.centos to build and docker-1.13.1-96.gitb2f74b2.el7.centos to run. Like Scott suggested, something might have caused the installation of the bash package to fail. In cases like that, yum can still exit with status 0, which is why you'd see things like OpenShift dockerfiles running "rpm -V" right after "yum" to make sure that all of the packages that yum was told to install were actually installed [1]. HTH, Nalin [1] https://github.com/openshift/origin/blob/release-3.11/images/base/Dockerfile...